CLP Newsletter Fall 2019
Northwestern University chemist Teri Odom has received the 2020 Centenary Prize from the Royal Society of Chemistry. The prestigious award, given annually to three chemists outside Great Britain, recognizes scientists for high-impact research and exceptional...
Treating severe brain injury often requires immediate surgery, including implantation of an electronic sensor that monitors tissues and fluids and digitally provides real-time information about intracranial pressure, temperature and wound healing. These devices,...
Building Better Biologics: A Q&A with Danielle Tullman-Ercek Like a master Lego® builder who constructs elaborate figures using tiny interlocking blocks, Chemistry of Life Processes Institute member Danielle Tullman-Ercek manipulates parts of bacteria and viruses...
Before becoming a trainee in the Chemistry of Life Processes NIH Graduate Training Program at Northwestern, Ryan McClure was already performing research at the interface of chemistry and biology. A joint student between the labs of Regan Thomson...
Watching neurons die provides Richard Morimoto with clues on how he might better keep them alive. The molecular biologist specifically studies neurons exposed to cell stress as well as those expressing proteins linked to neurodegenerative diseases.Now, a new...
Chemistry of Life Processes Institute recently welcomed Northwestern faculty members Amy Rosenzweig, Danielle Tullman-Ercek, and Monica Olvera de la Cruz to its Faculty Executive Committee. All three distinguished researchers are members of the Institute. The...
CLP Research Centers and Core Updates
More CLP Faculty News
- Richard B. Silverman: ALS drug grant to spur drug discovery at Northwestern
- Teri Odom: Nanoparticles’ movement reveals whether they can successfully target cancer
- Richard D’Aquila: Found in Translation
- Arthur Prindle and Evan Scott Halo’s ’40 under 40 Chicago Scientists’ Recognizes CLP Members
- CLP member Jason Wertheim, MD, other faculty, honored with Presidential Early Career Awards
- Richard B. Silverman and Neil Kelleher: CLP Collaborators Publish New Insight into Liver Cancer
- Amy C. Rosenzweig and Neil Kelleher: Methods pinpoint copper binding sites in enzyme from methane-munching bacteria
- Monica Olvera de la Cruz: Electron-behaving nanoparticles rock current understanding of matter
- Sept. 23, 4-5PM – Chemical Biology of Carrier Protein-Dependent Metabolism
- Oct. 1, 4-5PM – CLP Predoctoral Training Program: Kick-off Poster Session
- Oct. 15, 11-1PM – CLP Core Expo, Lurie Cancer Center, Ryan Family Atrium (west). Open to the public!
- Oct. 22, 5:30 – 7PM – ACS Program in-a-Box Marvelous Metals Viewing Party
- October 24, 8:30 – 5PM – Biannual meeting of CLP Executive Advisory Board